The game was a travesty of botched calls, needless calls and no-calls.

I take nothing away from the Dorman girls. They played a tough game and consistently played to win from behind.

I don't blame the Dorman coach for lobbying the ref; killing time with subs; and, venturing onto the field numerous times. He was only doing what the ref permitted.

I AM appalled at the officiating. "Incompetent" is too kind. The ref lost control of the game on the field. I've seen "bad" refing before but I've never seen a ref make calls based on numerous conferences with coaches and linesmen. I've seen refs defer to linesmen in an expeditious way but, to stop the game for prolonged conferences-- never.

On at least three crucial penalties the ref decided the game based on what was obviously uncertain knowledge and what seemed to be a "committee vote."

The low point of the game was disallowing an Irmo goal in the second OT. The ref chose the course of MOST damage despite the fact that he obviously wasn't sure whether the time ran out before the ball rolled into the goal. Allowing the goal would have permitted the PLAYERS to decide the game on the field.

His other gaffes included: allowing the clock to run while Dorman players stalled in OT; and not penalizing the Dorman coach's numerous forays onto the pitch.

In short, I can live with getting beat by another team. Losing because of ridiculous officiating really hurts.