I have been playin soccer for eleven years. Every single one of those years has been
spent playing either as a sweeper or a marking back. I have played forward a little but
not a lot. Anyway, what I am getting to is that as a defender I have shut people down,
well actually I have done that a lot but I wont get into that, and I have had bicyles and
diving headers to save goals. Though I make the diving header save who gets the credit.
You know who gets the credit the forward that had 50 shots and made 2 of them to tie the
game, but what if me the defender that had the diving header save had not been there. Well,
then I would have gotten all the crap from the coach and everyone else and we would have
lost the game. Why do defenders get yelled at when someone scores on them because the
midfielder lost the ball and didnt get himself back because he was to lazy. As a defender I'm
sick and tired of not being appericiated. I told a girl to come watch one of my games she said
" Why do you play forward". Why don't we just loose the name soccer we can call it Forward
or Offense.