First: Pendleton defeated Palmetto 2-1

Second: Watcher, I understand what you are saying about extracurricular athletics adding spice to education but at the same time the reality is that it's not rec league anymore. By the time you hit the JV and Varsity ages it does move from everyone gets to play who wants to play and everyone should play every game into more of a let's get the best players playing and try to win. That being said I still try to get every one of my players in each game (almost to a fault, nearly cost me tonight). I think you'll find that the best and most successful programs year in and year out not only play their core group of starters but also some of their younger players or even back ups so that the program keeps their playing experience up regardless of injury or graduation.

Let me leave you with this question: If you bump a ninth (or even tenth) grader down to JV simply to save a spot on varsity for an upperclassmen what 7th or 8th or other player are you going to cut who then loses out on the opportunity to play for the school team? If you keep a senior just for the purpose of keeping the senior you could be squeezing a player out of soccer who might have ended up being a contributor to your program.