My daughter has player for the SC ODP for 3 years now in a row. The first year a lot of the best players showed up and has dwindled down every year. I really worry that we will not even be able to field a team next year.

Politics of picking the players does not seem to be a problem. I believe most parents feel that the coaches do their best to pick the best players available at the time. I really don't think money or politics is a current problem in SC ODP.

The problem comes into commitment of the coaches and the organization. I am not sure who is at fault. But in three years I bet my daughter has had at the most 9 practices combined over the 3 years. Other states are practicing once a week and we do it once every 2 months. The players and the parents are looking for a solid commitment by SCYSA to help make the teams successful at the region camp. Parents do not want to spend money on a losing cause and Players to do not want to waste their time on a losing cause. A lot of these players are finding their summers becoming packed with other camps and events, so a choice has to be made and I believe SC ODP loses its luster as time goes on. My daughter really loves playing for SC ODP. She really loves the idea of representing her state at regional camp. She really loves the other players she meets from around the state and she has had a really good time meeting the different coaches. But she becomes very frustrated by the lack of training and preperation for the region camp.

Okay I think I have rambled on enough.