I have not figured out ODP. Except the $$$ part of it. My son is an 88 and has been participating in ODP since he was elgible. He has one more year left to participate and I don't know if he will or not. I have yet to see how this has or will benefit him. Everyone says the colleges coaches look to see if they participated in ODP. I know players that did not participate and received scholarships to play. Yes he has made some friends along the way and played with good players, but really what is it going to do for him? If it is to build friendships then I could send him to a summer camp and spend less $$$. He has been chosen to play in 5 pool games over the last 2 years, with the end result of zero SC players chosen for region pool (his age group). Over the last two years we have had 2 players (I think, maybe only 1) held over an extra week, but that is it. This year 9 NC players were held over. I don't understand it. I was under the impression that once you get to region camp it is more of an individual effort than a team effort. You are there to show what you can do. I was told that this year was the best chance SC would have due to the amount of SC coaches involved in the selections. Yes it is a fact that the best players do not try out. I have known this for a long time. I don't know if it is political or what the reason is. Although it does seem logical that if you have returning pool players year after year and if their game play has not declined then it is going to be hard to break through. My sons team has had a different coach every year and switched coaches once mid-way. We tried to practice 2 and sometimes 3 times a month this year ha. You never have the complete team at practice. It is hard to be at all the practices, especially the older ones due to preparation for regional play with your club team. I don't know it is frustrating when you know SC can and should do better.