I have talked to many people (parents mostly) about their experience in ODP. The vast majority of them agree to this point: ODP gives an extra amount of exposure, and it can help a player get a scholarship, but it is secondary in those things with respect to a good (very strong) club team. A strong club team will get you more looks and exposure than ODP. I would say that an exception to this might be if a player makes the region team, but we all know that there are very few from SC that do that. This history, or perception of ODP is a reason why many of the top players who already play on a top team that can go to the larger tournaments, do not choose ODP. I just paid $700 in July for my son to go to ODP region camp in Alabama. That's almost twice as much as some of the team or developmental camps around the area. My overall perception of the camp is that I essentially paid $700 for my son to try out for the region team. He did well, but didn't make it. Now I am not trying to bash ODP. ODP has brought expsoure to my son that the club did not. But if you can get on a top club team that gets to the major tournaments (read: CESA or a one off team as Mark Campbell likes to say) then that will give you a much better bang for the buck and you can spend your summers paying for the camps of the colleges that you might be interested in.