Lurker,

I read your post and found it an interesting point of view. It is something that we have and are keeping in mind.

What we have seen with the dispersed clubs is that at times there are players playing on a challenge team that should be, from the development point of view, playing on classic teams.

Just because the two clubs each had one team, does not automatically make it one team for Bridge FA. If the numbers and ability is such that more teams can be fielded in a particular age group, then that is what will be done.

As for displacing classic players to rec, the local clubs are not limited to only fielding one classic team, so like the challenge teams, if the numbers and ability warrant multiple classic teams, then multiple classic teams could be formed.

This is very difficult to write, because it's not as concretely defined as you have stated. Yes I agree that there is a ripple effect to mergers, but I believe that the Bridge FA model significantly lessens that effect on the small market clubs.