As a Summerville resident, I was not on that particular mailing list, (I don't think, since I didn't receive one, but it could take longer for the mail to get way out to Summerville. (That's meant only in jest!)). I've heard what some of the basis of the mailer was, and I'd be interested to see it.

As for the bias of the team make up, I think I understand your point. And from your reply, I think you understand my point of it being too early to tell.

I know there's some frustration over this point of practice location. Practice location can't be determined until the teams are formed and teams can't be formed until tryouts. People are having difficulty in making the decision about trying out without knowing the practice location. It's a viscious loop that can only be broken by faith in the stated intent, that teams will practice where it's mutually beneficial to all players on the team.

Some people have a much broader knowledge base than I do when it comes to age groups. I only really know one. What I do know is this, currently there are Mt Pleasant residents playing in Summerville, Summerville residents playing in Mt Pleasant, James Island residents playing in both Summerville and Mt Pleasant, and the list goes on. The group of players that Bridge FA is designed for, has a tendancy to move from club to club to find that "team" that suits there need. In the current environment, when that player decides to move, they are not held in very high esteem from the "losing" group. Bridge FA is designed to allow for movement to a neutral organization, not "going to play for them". That is why it is structured as an all "inclusive" cooperative arrangement, not an "exclusive" competitive arrangement. Until we break that barrier, these players are the ones that will continue to suffer. One reason another low country attempt at this did not last was because it drew the best players, and then competed with the remaining clubs. That's why Bridge FA is only Challenge level, and the alliance member clubs agree not to field challenge teams.

Would like to hear more from you, but probably off line would be good. Feel free to PM.