SW,
My kids are out of soccer,too.
Though I will admit to a fondness for all things East Cooper - I have for years advocated an elite level merger sponsored by a neutral party - for ex. Battery. All local clubs would maintain their independance except for the very highest levelteams.Please refer to my posts ad nauseum on this from a year or so ago.

MPSC is in midst of hiring new director (which had over 100 aplicants including many notable Lowcountry names). This prevented club from committing to something which club director would have a lot of involvement in. As you noted , in many age groups - MPSC already had the State Cup runner up team with most of the talent. So urgency naturally wasn't there either.

I would also think, for it to be attractive to MPSC, it would have to recognize the natural
distribution of current talent. Like OSSOC's Hurricane team of a couple of years, after a while the 80% of the team that does all the traveling for practice on poorly lit fields and 'home' games figures out there has got to be a better way.

Hopefully, this effort can be refined and improved for the future.

p.s. Hope to see you at the Battery game tonight.