As a follow-on, the concept has been kicked around for years, even when my players were coming through the ranks. Personally, I'm for it, I'm for almost anything that provides more options. Options are a typically a good thing. I hope Mt. P does come on board.

As for the Battery, I've had more than a few conversations about this topic with several Battery folks in the past when they sponsored the Super Y teams. In theory, it sounds good, in practice, they take a business risk which I can understand. The "my kid didn't make the Battery team, so, the heck with them, I'm not buying their tickets" is a very real concern. Plus, they are very organized and have a good staff but any youth effort would dilute their pro program. They have camps, they run coaching clinics, many of their players coach area teams. I think for now, that's how they feel they want to contribute to the youth scene. While I would never say never, people really should not wait on the Battery to be that top of the pyramid option.