"merits of holding a ONE day only tryout"
vs "taken more players to Concord"

The point I was trying to relay here was that I felt like tryouts should have consisted of BOTH as everyone has a bad day now and then especially given the horrible weather.

Another point I meant to add in my original email is that I feel there should be continuity of communication between the coach from the previous year to the coach of the current year. For example, the 91 squad has had 3 coaches in as many years. I think a different coach each year is fine, however, the outgoing coach should communicate with the incoming coach about players. Last year, the coach, (Richie) had cut some players but then after having seen them again at another tryout, admitted he "totally missed" them and proceeded to put them on the "A" squad. This year, the same thing has happened but the coach is nowhere to be found and has no way of communicating with the incoming coach.

I take exception to the statement about DESIRE. Everyone has a bad day now and then. I think the format of a ONE day tryout does a disservice to everyone...coaches AND players.

If a player on a premier team isn't premier caliber, then they wouldn't make the team to begin with...especially as teams get older. It is more and more difficult to add players to premier level teams.

We can agree to disagree...I only wanted to state my thoughts on the tryouts.