Bear, I am in complete agreement with the points you raise concerning the communication between coaches. I also agree that different coaching styles can only benefit players. I just wish there was a better line of communication amongst them, especially if they are taking over a team that has had a certain degree of success in the past. The outgoing coach could provide some insight as to his current player's abilities and the new coach wouldn't be taking over a team he knows nothing about.

It's interesting you bring up how players are asked what position they play. The player I was referencing in my earlier posts plays both forward and midfield for his club team. In hindsight, maybe this player should have said they were a midfielder because even though they play as a forward on their club team, they are more of a "support" forward as the team has another standout forward. Granted, the player in question still scores goals, but has spent the majority of his Fall '05 club season playing right-mid. Not much good this will do now as I had heard that the teams going to summer camp will be selected after the weekend in Concord.