Soccaho, there are pros and cons to both types of roster set-ups, but I personally don't feel strongly enough about either one to go into detail (maybe someone else can comment on that). I was merely pointing out that it was a POSSIBLE reason why the ‘92 SC team(s) may not have looked as well-tuned as other teams - just a possiblity - I don't know what the other states did with their teams.

In my Atlanta example, from what I understood at the time (someone please correct me if I am wrong) the ‘92 SC teams had been split fairly evenly, while at least one of the older SC groups (maybe ‘90s?) had been split into an actual A team and a B team. I believe that the older group’s A team won the championship in their age group, while both ‘92 teams only did so-so (at least, they didn't win the championship).

Again, all I was suggesting is that some of the teams you witnessed playing might have appeared better or worse, depending on how they had been split up – and/or how their opponents had been split up.

Chico, you are absolutely correct. I think it may have even been you who pointed out not too long ago the population of Atlanta versus the entire state of SC. Theoretically, Atlanta by itself, should be able to produce teams as good or better than our ODP teams!