[I've deleted the original thread; I'm posting this one only so that my mea culpa is public. The rumor that I asked about has been declared false; I don't want to contribute to its propagation.]

SoccerPOP9194/WDC: If you two say that there is no such request, then I'll absolutely not only let it go but also apologize for even raising the issue (as I said I'd do early in the original thread). I know both of your identities; you're absolutely authoritative enough for me. So since you have clearly stated:

WDC: I didn't know anyone made a request to keep a club out of Columbia.
SoccerPOP9194: I have not heard of such a request to keep a club out of Cola other than what has been put on this message board.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. What confused me was a post by Soccer-SC alleging this on another thread (which caused me to create this thread) and then WDC's post on this thread: It is a question of SCYSA bylaws and only they can interpret their own rules. We'll find out soon enough whether CESA can come to Columbia within the rules of SCYSA. In fact we should find out this weekend. I knew who WDC was; I took this as authoritative confirmation of the rumor. I was obviously wrong. I apologize.

I must have misunderstood; given both your responses you're telling me that it's on an unrelated bylaw issue. I was wrong; I again apologize for the misunderstanding -- it is entirely my fault.