I understand why people don't want to "wait" until the information becomes public. They feel it may be too late to say anything by then. Let me give a personal analogy. I went to an expulsion hearing in January. Fours students were caught drinking on a field trip. At the hearing, three students had attorneys. The school district had an attorney present but he did not talk with me at any time before the hearing. I had to write a statement of what happened before I attended. I did this while still trying to teach my classes, cover my other duties, etc., all while the students got to sit at home and talk with their legal counsel. At the hearing, one attorney actually tried to claim that since the trip was sponsored by the YMCA, it wasn't a school function and therefore they broke no school rules. Because I didn't have the luxury of counsel before hand, I didn't even think to send in the District Parent Permission forms. Nothing new could be added at the hearing. Luckily, I said the coreect things when questioned and all 4 were expelled. But it could have been different. I think that is why I, and a lot of others, want to know things NOW.

In addition, I think a big can of worms could be open to the interpretation of the bylaws if CESA is kept out of Columbia. As I posted on page 3, what happens when this bylaw is challenged?

Do all organizations in the State follow bylaw 214, Section1 (4)?

4) provide and coordinate opportunities for every player under its jurisdiction to participate in soccer at the developmental, intermediate, and advanced levels;

Case in point, not to pick on CRSA, but their website says they are serving the children of a certain part of Columbia, not their whole jurisdiction. What about Bridge? Are they offering opportunities at every level? How about every club in the state? Do they offer programs for handicapped children, whether they are deaf, blind, amputated, etc.?

Food for thought.