thomaspietras: I am surprised and disappointed in your position. You've been writing quite a bit about unfounded rumors and speculation; now that you now have tremendously more information you are unwilling to provide either commentary or analysis beyond "put-up or shut-up." I expected more.

Then again, you're in a pretty untenable position. It's difficult to defend the SCYSA -- the decision was clearly not made in the interest of its mission. It's incredibly difficult to defend Ron Tryon -- the term "reprehensible" is too kind for asking for lists of players, parents, and coaches who have contacted an "enemy" club. It's almost impossible to defend CSC board members who have gotten on this message board and lied.

Each of us has to decide where to spend our time volunteering. I can't think of a bigger waste of my time than volunteering at the SCYSA. Why would I want to help an organization that has shown absolutely no concern for its mission and which sees losses of 1000-3000 registered players as an issue of no great concern -- let alone the fact that positive growth isn't occurring as no great concern?

When I'm able to volunteer again, it will be with an organization that actually wants to better serve the children of South Carolina.