>>[coldhardtruth] I can see clubs charging more for challenge than classic but I do not understand why clubs charge more for premier play..Aren't these challenge teams that has placed first or second in state?<<

I can only respond with respect to CESA since that's the only club with premier and challenge teams with which I am familiar.

At CESA, a Premier team is not a Challenge team that placed first or second in the state. A Premier team is the most competitive team in an age bracket and gender. A Challenge team is the second most competitive. I've seen the case where Challenge teams play in premier league (RIIIPL-East) as well as the Premier team.

>>Does the training really change?<<

I know that Premier players are expected to train at minimum three times per week while Challenge players are expected to train at minimum twice a week. I believe that at least part of the pricing differential is based on the cost of training.

But...one of the things I think is great about CESA is that they have an open training environment -- you can train as much as you like with any team that you like over and above your team training.

>>Why pay more for challenge teams playing at the premier level.<<

Again -- with regard to CESA club-related fees, Challenge teams playing in RIIIPL-East don't pay more.