WOW - you lads are havin' a laff. Did I see someone say that Frank Lampard said he was going to Real Madrid!! ha hahah!!

Whoever this guy is who won't stop saying how great Ronaldo is - GET REAL! He hasn't been the same player since he busted his knee with Inter/blew up at the final of France '98. Yes he was great and had bags of potential but he, like a lot of South American players, went a little bit crazy with his cash etc and forgot about the football.

If you don't mind I would like to offer my opinion on these "great" South American players...

Ronaldo: Overweight, sluggish, one-trick pony, still bags the goals but not when it matters. Not a man for the big occassion.

Ronaldinho: most outstanding player of modern times (on his day) - go ask some of the players/staff at PSG what they thought of him for a more balanced view. Learned EVERYTHING he knows from Jay-Jay Okocha (Nigerian) while at PSG, even his "trademark" elastic trick.

Adriano: As incredibly talented as he is a nutter, see the double fisted punch in the Champions League this season. Thats the thing with these South American players - a real tendency to blow up when you need them.

Roberto Carlos: Made his career on a pure fluke of a free-kick - I'd really like to see his scuff to goal ratio from free kicks - actually, even his scuff/shank/daisy cutter/hook/back row of the third tier to on target ratio would do!! Oh, there is the fact that he has about as much tactical as a traffic cone.

As for the other players who would go to Real Madrid and start...

Cristiano Ronaldo: two years into a FIVE year contract at Manchester United for a start. This boy is an absolute shocker - one trick pony - stepovers followed by no end product time and time again, why? Because he has NO intelligence whatsoever, totally unable to read the game. A handy winger but NOT Real material cos they don't play that system.

Ruud van Nistlerooy: Never scored from outside the 18 yard box. Prolific in the big European games, does the job in the premiership. But er, fermen...whatever... who exactly are you going to drop to play him? Aren't he and your buddy Ronaldo the same kind of player (fox in the box), not forgetting Raul and Michael Owen either.

Totti: Spitting, stamping scumbag. If he's the kind of player you want at your club then have him. In my opinion players like this have no place in the game, at any level.

Robinho: Heard a lot about this boy, but have never seen him play, surely has the same motivational and discipline problems his fellow SA's have. Plus, anyone who can do more than four stepovers in a row and pass even a slightly accurate ball in South America is considered to be a genius. There's more to football than silly flicks and tricks gentlemen.

Ballack: hahahahahahaha, he's German.

The other two don't even merit comment.

Watch out for Ajax captain Rafael van der Vaart heading to Barca or Manchester United during the summer.