quote:
Originally posted by LeGrazie:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenomeno:
I will like to make a comment on that one.

Diving can be cheating, strategy, controversial, or even good for "skillfull" players.

As a player.

I do prefer to dive sometimes because it protects yourself, sometimes you have "uneskillful" players againts you that do not play the ball. They play "hard" but what they mean by "playing hard" is going crazy after the you. ...

That's my opinion, as an "skillfull" player I do think diving is good sometimes (unless we get rid of uneskillfull players). I do not like the idea of winning an important game because of an unfair call. A Coach that encourage his players to do that, he'll always be a sencond place Coach, always!

Well, I certainly don't think of myself as a "skillful player" but I really can't stand diving. I'm sick of having pro games constantly interrupted by players rolling around crying and writhing in pain after the slightest contact. Amateur refs are actually better about not falling for this sort of thing, and I've got no patience at all for a weekend warrior who dives. Maybe I'm not skillful, but if I go down, it's not an act. I am really surprised there's debate on this point.
I like watching college footbal. Doesn't the quarterback (I hope I spelled that right) goes to the ground when he is about to get tackle? Why doesn't he takes it like a man and run the ball?

Is the quarterback trying to protect himself from an injury, or he is just being a chicken?

When you have skill, you try to avoid kids like that. You don't have to be Ronaldinho, but just try to play the ball, that would make the game look better.

In Argentina, Brazil, or any Latin country, when soccer gets too phisical, people leave the stadium. Soccer is a game of skill.