quote:
Originally posted by NOTREBMALHH:
Fenomeno - Who are you trying to fool? Be realistic about this subject. Are you trying to say the reason you see so many dives and faked injuries is because they are trying to protect themselves? I was born at night, but it was not last night. You see a player rolling around on the ground in agony and pain, they carry him off on a stretcher, they get him off the field, A MIRACLE HAPPENS, He has fully recovered!! He is back on the sideline waiting to go back into the game. All this happens within minutes. What a joke. Why all the acting??? Play the game. You call that skill?

I never said it was skill... I said that it could be a way to protect yourself.

Diving is one thing, acting is a different story. Somebody said it before... it does not belong to the game, but it happens... Cheating is part of any sport, is part of life, whether we like to recognize it or not. Like I say, the best solution is encourage players to play the ball, try to avoid the boring physical game, develop skill, and of course CHEATING IS WRONG!

If Adu was as good as some people think he is. He would be on the newspaper because of his great perfomance, like Lionel Messi does, not because of a "controversy" diving scene.

Diving was well devoloped by a German, I don't remember his name. In one World Cup he got about 3 penalty kicks. He was some sort of "master" fooling refferes.

The diving I was talking about is to avoid hard tackles. I guess I went the wrong way. Diving looking for penalty kicks is absolutely wrong! The acting thing is also wrong, but is hard to judge if somebody is truly in paint at the moment.