Pretty decent game tonight for an intramural match. Don't know how else to say it..so I'll just say it.

Rowdy Rebels beat WTE tonight 2-1.

1st half R&R dominated play. About four missed opportunities against a suspect defense and keeper. Couldn't put anything away though.

0-0 at the half.

WTE's Cole Chason scored a shielded grounder from outside the 18 about 10 minutes into the 2nd half.
For the next five minutes R&R played on their heels but kept WTE at bay. With about five minutes left.. R&R sweeper Nick Kickham pushed up to mid, received a throw-in, and launched a floater from 40 yards out. I suppose the WTE keeper figured it would sail wide. But Nick's "shot" found the far post corner net to tie it up 1-1.

For the rest of the match R&R kept the ball on WTE's side of the field. With less than a minute to go Brian Hill dribbled in from the left 18..schooled at least 3 WTE defenders..dribbled back then put a beauty past WTE's keeper for the win.

The Rowdy Rebels advance to the Semifinals and will face "The Varsity" tomorrow at (i believe) 10PM. The winner of this match plays Wednesday for the Championship in Historic Riggs Stadium.