I think this is a good topic.

I've traveled a lot since I have family all over the States (LA, Miami, SF, NC, NYC, Atlanta, DC, TX). I think Los Angeles which I consider my hometown (I love LA dude, I cant wait to go back) is the only place in America where soccer is really serious now days. Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas are some good examples of it.

Around here, club soccer is good, its kind of expensive though, HS is not really a big deal, 4 or 5 competitive games in the season, when I was a senior we used to beat teams like 15-0.

I guess College is the only place where you can see a good bit of the most beatiful sport in the world. There is a quote that says.

"70 Billion Hooligans can't be wrong."

Here, read what the ESPN crew think about soccer.

http://espn.go.com/eoe/rome62003.html

quote:
Lastly, further proof that I just don't get the passion and creativity of soccer or evidence that soccer player and soccer fan takes himself way too seriously, soccer star, at least I'm told he's one, David Beckham got all bent out shape recently when he and his former spice girl wife asked a Beverly Hills shoe store owner to close the store so they could shop. The owner, a smart guy, said he had no idea who Beckham was and refused. When Beckham said he and his wife were a big deal in England, the owner smacked him again saying, you're not there, you're here, and I've never heard of you, the store stays open. Becknaldo is a beauty: imagine this guy rolling into store in Beverly Hills and saying, "Becknaldo and his wife are here, lock the doors, we need some socks. . I don't know how to break this to you, Becknaldo: but you're a soccer player: unless your name is Alexi Meola-Chasti-Donna-Hamm, no one in this country is going to know who you are or care, much less close a store for you. If you want to be treated like John Lennon, you're going to have to stay home.

I think the "big boys" of ESPN haven't been exposed to the real deal yet (futbol). I think!

Henry and Beckam haven't impress the American "athletic" crew. That's just my point of view.

I wonder what would Michael Jordan, Mohammed Ali, Koby Bryan or Shaq Oneal will think of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona, Gerrard, Zidane, Batistuta, Hugo Sanchez...

As far as I know America hasn't been exposed to Latino-Futbol yet... that's just my opinion, not to make controversy. Certainly if you think of soccer by watching David Beckam playing... your opinion on soccer will be different that what us(Latinos) think of soccer.

Alright, later dudes.