A fitting end to Barcelona's storied season!

I thought Eboue's performance was rather disgraceful. His first dive that won Arsenal the free kick (off of which they scored) was pure theatrics. Later in the second half he was hit and took about 10 tumbles and I thought it was too much acting. The ESPN commentators (I think it was Marcello Balboa) only made it more disgraceful by saying "He did what he could to sell it and credit to him for that."

Eto'o had a wonderful night and contrary to what the commentators thought I think he was rather useful up top but having Ronaldinho up top made Barca try to bypass the midfield for the first 20 minutes.

The Barca defense had some troubles and I think this was mainly caused by Oleguer who was finally and fittingly subbed out. Puyol got burned on several occasions (one time sensationally by Henry) and I was scared initially with Marquez on Henry but they stuck it out.

The red card deal I think was unfortunate and I almost think that giving Barca the goal would have been punishment enough but the ref clearly thought a card would be better suited. Eto'o would have been clear through and Lehman caught his foot and I feel the most for Pires who was unfortunately sacrificed and taken off the field. A sad end to his last match with the Gunners.

Ronaldinho was a little bit off with his free kicks but had a pretty good performance otherwise. The Arsenal defence contained him and did a good job to try and stifle his footskills (although Campbell and Eboue were franticly hacking at his feet at one point).

Of course it is easy for me to judge everyone from my chair and I think full credit has to be given to both teams, Arsenal for taking the lead with a man down and Barca for proving their worth. As everyone could see before and after the match there is an enormous amount of mutual respect between both sides and fittingly so.