The referee admitted he made a mistake, I think UEFA made a mistake appointing an officiating crew from Norway in the first place. They were clearly not up to the task.

"I would have liked to have taken a few more seconds before I made a decision," Hauge told a Norwegian newspaper.

"If I'd done that, I could have given a goal and given a yellow card as well."

Thats all well and good for him to say now, but UEFA should really have the best officials at the Champions League final, regardless of where they're from (obviously excluding the nations contesting the final).

It isn't sour grapes from Arsenal at all and I believe that they have legitimate grievances. Early doors they looked to have settled into the final far better than Barca did and created far more chances. Henry, who is usually calm and collected no matter what happened on the field was clearly upset and felt that the ref had been wearing a Barca shirt.

All said, neither team covered themselves in glory - the referee was a total disgrace and ruined what could have been the greatest final ever played, Henry won out in the battle of the stars against a Ronaldinho who looked more like his old self at Paris St.Germain (yes he did actually play for someone else other than Barca) as he was moody, hot&cold and when he did have the ball he was selfish and failed to use it effectively.

-

The only thing that was proven last night was what Jose Mourinho has been saying for the last few months - Barcelona are the greatest team in the world (at beating teams with ten players).