Now why did you have to bring Agoos into this? You must not have a good appreciation for the skills required to be a WC class fullback. Everyone jumped on Agoos because he went and covered for his teammate who was out of position, stretched to reach a ball and deflected it into his own goal. I guess he shouldn't have tried, his teammate didn't and you don't see people telling him he played poorly.

I'm guessing you didn't see much of the US games in France (there were only 3). Only one US player showed up for that tournament and his name was Hejduk. If the US could bottle his drive/desire you couldn't stop us. He may not have the greatest skills of a marking back, but I certainly wouldn't want to go against him. When I read he was hurt my first thought was there goes all the energy out of the back line. Now the other teams won't be concerned about the US attacking from the back.

Yupp, you can probably tell - two of my favorite US players.

Another ... Josh Wolff - tell me you didn't see his effort in the 2002 WC? I hope he regains form. I enjoyed watching him play at USC.