Pretty much all of my thoughts have already been covered in all of these posts.. but I will post anyway.. in honor of the US effort today. I give you.. "A Post in Futility"

I'd like to see the person that will defend Bruce Arena for his efforts in THIS World Cup. No doubt..he has done more for USMNT than any other coach..but I think the jig is up.

At the time I could stomach the fact that Arena didn't sub McBride for Johnson in the Italy match because they were playing for the tie. And at that time.. 1 point with 9 men looked GREAT. But now.. it bothers me even more. Not only did we pass up an opportunity to win a match we had no business winning. We admitted to the World..that we are humble and complacent.. rather than hungry and passionate. Arena should have subbed Johnson for at least the last 20 minutes.. told him to try to get a breakaway..but primarily play defense.

I have to echo what Hammer, Futbol G, and some others have said. How do you play a 4-5-1 for 60 minutes of a match you HAVE to win..

How do you let your players boom the ball up top.. when you're playing a 4-5-1. What's the point of that..when McBride..the LONE forward..is the only one that's probably going to win the ball.

4-4-2, 3-4-3, 3-5-2 ..these are the only formations we should have seen.

I don't really want to say much more about Arena.. I appreciate what he's done..and I don't think this WC should mar his legacy.. the USMNT simply has surpassed his abilities.

As for the players.. you can say all you want about player selection. But I mean sh**.. I would have rather had 3 Eddie Lewis in the middle instead of Donovan and Beasley..and that's something I NEVER thought I'd say.

It's really hard to produce..when your stars won't even show up.

Donovan, Beasley, Arena, they all need to go have a group session with Dr. Phil and figure out what the &(*# they're doing.

As far as Officiating goes..how much more can you beat this pulverized horse. I just watched a Croatian defender PULL Viduka down in the box.. and the bile rises again in my throat when I think back to the Italy match..and the PK Merk gave Ghana today.

POSITIVE: (yes..there is positive)

Overall..our defense did really well.. (which makes the 4-5-1 even more unforgivable) Excluding the Czech match.. which NO ONE showed up for.. we gave one goal on a set piece..and one on a give away by Reyna (and you can say Boca should have made better of the ball before the PK..but no one that PK is on the US)

Despite all the fouls, cards, and the PK.. I think Gooch lived up to the hype. With more consistent/unridiculous officiating..he is a standout.

Dempsey - His rap may suck..but he played with the best of them.

McBride - This guy is my "hero" as far as athletics go. I thought it was funny at first.. but this quote from Tommy Smyth the other day.. pretty much says it, "McBride will put his head where other people won't even put their foot."

I've already said so much..and there is so much more to say.. but I'm tired..and just..disappointed. Bleh.