As for the current line of discussion.

We had our star basketball player play keeper for us my senior year. He picked up the game in no time and was a huge success. With better training, dedication, and time.. his natural athletic attributes would have made him a solid soccer prospect.

Of course..he quit halfway through the season because he got a basketball scholarship to a small school in Georgia.

My point:

You guys can talk all you want about other countries..and how they do it..and how we should do it. But I think that's a big waste of time.

We can't force our people to be poor..we can't force the poor people we have to play soccer.

I honestly believe despite all the moaning going on in this thread.. US soccer is going in the right direction (kind of hard not to right?)

I believe the game is spreading in America.. while this "Don't Tread On Me" video from Dempsey is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.. ..it's proof to me that the sport is here in the US.

I think I'm yet to make a point here.. ..hopefully someone gets what I'm trying to say.