Britten Meyer is a strong candidate for the girls player in Charleston this year. As a senior who is actively playing HS this spring, she has already set several school records. For the past three years, she has been team "MVP" and is very versatile. Her touch is excellent, her vision is excellent, and her leadership skills are superb. I would rate her in the top 1% of girls that I have ever seen (U18 and younger) tactically, technically, psychologically, and physically. One unique ability that she has is a very long throw-in, which is significantly more dangerous than a corner kick. She is also capable of putting the ball on frame "on a rope" from 30 yards and in with either foot. Next year, she will play at Clemson as a defender on scholarship and Todd Bramble termed her in a press release as "the best defender coming out of South Carolina" this year. Britten is an "A" student with very high integrity and would represent the state of South Carolina very well at this prestigious event. I recognize that I'm biased, as she plays for our girls team, but would like to put in this endorsement for her since I am having trouble making the SCHSSCA meetings (North/South, All-State, etc.) this year.
David Wilcox
Boys Coach, Christ Church