Wayne -

I'm all for ending the State Championships in a tie if the match is still tied after regulation, overtime, and the "golden goal" periods. We were discussing this over the weekend that it seems awfully unfair for teams to play an entire season and have nothing decided for them in the finals "on the field".

On another note, I'm all for scrapping the PK Shootouts during the regular season and using these only for playoff matches. At every level of soccer you have ties -- they're simply part of the structure of the game of soccer! I'm going to come up with a proposal for regular season games and such in the very near future (probably this weekend). Since Class 4A got rid of that silly point system, you won't see much difference, because the region season is what will seed you in the playoffs.

The NSCAA Soccer Poll does not even recognize PK Shootouts, that's why Irmo's record is 18-1-5 on their web site -- and I agree that's what it should be! What do others think? Please post in this thread!!!