I can not find that in the FYSA bylaws...infact what I have found seems to state the opposite.

Quote:

203.4 Players must register in the state in which he or she resides with his or her parent(s) or
guardian(s), or in the case of a student in residence at a boarding school, college or university ,
the player may register in the state in which the boarding school, college, or division of the
college or university is located. Any other question of residency may be determined by the state
in which the player registered to vote or holds a current driver’s license.
203.5 Any Youth player wishing to play on a team of a member of a State Association other than the
State Association where the player is registered, must receive written permission from—
1. the State Association where the player is registered;
2. and. the other State Association of the team on which the player whishes to play
3. Permission must be obtained each seasonal year.

specifically on out of state players it seems that the must be released in writing by their state association

Quote:

203.9 FOREIGN AND OUT-OF-STATE PLAYERS:
All New Players twelve (12) years or older registering with FYSA for the 1st time must
comply with the following:
All players coming from another (current year transfer) Youth or Adult State Association or
foreign country must have clearance papers or a release signed by the official registration chairman
or secretary of the foreign association, out of state association, or inter-state release before they are
allowed to register with FYSA, in line with USSF policy 601.6. The FYSA rules listed below
reflect USSF policy as amended on 10/7/2001, and may be revised in the future. FYSA will follow
the current USSF policy.

everything I have found leads me to believe that US youth soccer requires a player to be released by one state in order to play (a full season) in another state

However, I could be interpreting it all wrong!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."