sbs:

Thanks for the info on Kendall Maxwell. That pretty much makes my point about players that are tested at higher levels. They perform under pressure. I bet if you look back further she has had similar perfromances in big games or big situations. Thank you, I have not had the opportunity to see her play but I heard others speak very highly of her. I would be interested as well to see what colleges are in the running.

Did Hurst say that she was not the keeper on her HS team? That would truly be a shame.

Now for the best player in the State argument: We all know that soccer is a team sport and I don't think you can take a state cup weekend to determine who the best player is. You can however take the play of the players in the running and determine how consistant they are. Does the scorer score consistantly no matter what the competition? Does the midfielder control the midfield consistantly? Does the keeper make saves consistantly?

I believe you determine the best player by how they perform in big game situations and are they consistant in their performance. One weekend does not make you consistant.

From one who knows

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!