I am puzzled how anyone on this message board knows whether or not any colleges are or are not contacting recruits. My daughter has just experienced the recruiting season; she is a senior heading to college to play soccer next year. We learned a few things.

(1) Coaches are under pressure to recruit and they pass along that pressure (This is the worst part). We are often asking 16 and 17 year olds to make BIG decisions—when they grow up and change a great deal in that last year of high school.
(2) The coaches we have had contact with are almost without exception truly good people who are working very hard for their colleges and their programs.
(3) Recruiting is a network. Club coaches and college coaches help each other target players. In other words, if coaches are not contacting players, it is possibly for two reasons: The player isn't the quality the coach wants or the coach is aware that the player is not interested.
(4) Players are part of the contacting process. Letting a coach know you are interested is important.
(5) Coaches miss players and players are some times wrong about where they want to play (or if they want to play at all). This is complicated.

Are our state schools aggressively keeping our top young women in state to play at our fine programs? I would say not nearly enough.

But I think few of us know who these coaches are contacting—and I doubt we can suggest that any coach/program is NOT contacting.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.