"What I don't accept is your fundamental premise that you can discuss soccer with respect to college scholarships outside of college scholarships for all sports. It seems to me to be a fundamentally silly point of view that you can somehow separate different sports and ask for "fairness" or "equality" and disregard everything else going on within the athletic department of a college."

Chico, you are thinking too narrowly, if you want to use this line of logic. You want to compare gender based spending in sports and not look at it on a sport by sport basis. Then I ask......why would you separate sports based scholarships from academic or needs based scholarships?

These are colleges and universities, right? The objective of scholarships is to provide access to an education. Therefore, evaluating the awarding of scholarships based on gender.....solely on the basics of athletics is silly. If girls makeup 52% of the college population and receive 52% of total scholarship dollars, isn't that at a top level what fairness is?

If it isn't reasonable to look at a soccer to soccer comparison...then lets look at the student population as a whole as it relates to scholarships.