YOU ARE THE PERSON HE CHOSE

Scripture: Ephesians 2:10 says, “We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Listen to what God is saying to you in His Holy Word: “I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:11–13).

How about these verses? They have got to make you feel special and cause you to realize that God sees you helping Him coach and play soccer to impact others. The script has been written for you, my friend!

Contrary to what the world might tell you, God loves you passionately, and He planned, designed, and shaped you for His purposes and for the work He planned for you to do while you’re on the earth. Because God is about love, you were created and have been molded to play and coach for Him with passion—not for man or yourself. God created you to have a growing knowledge of Him, of coaching, and of the game itself, so that, inspired by the authority of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, you can personally grow in the game of life. But more significantly, He made you to live and die for the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18–20) so that you can impact your players to be successful, both on and off the field.

As coaches and players, God has a place specially designed for you to serve, a purpose created for you to pursue, a special role using your character and passions to impact others, and a function to fulfill in love for your God. After knowing Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior, He most wants for you to do what He purposed you to do. He wants you to personally experience great significance and worth in your life as you play and coach for Him.

To put it simply, He wants you to fulfill His plan for your life and He wants to reward you for your efforts to help Him by coaching players and playing well with your team mates for whom He also has a purpose. You’re the person He chose, and there’s nobody else who can take your place.

Every time you step on the training field or to prepare for a match remember who you’re doing this game for; For Him and not me.

Paul Banta - Founder/President of GSM International pbanta@sc.rr.com
www.GlobalSoccerMinistries.org

This message was sent by: Pauls Sons Inc., 135 Lakeshore Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585