GSM University Soccer Player Interships for Summer of 2010 www.globalsoccerministries.org/articles.php?id=102&location=International
Donate Your Used Soccer Gear to GSM To At Risk Youth www.globalsoccerministries.org/articles.php?id=104&location=International

THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Scripture: Ephesians 3:14-19 says, “For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God".

Think about this coaches and players. Do you really believe the Holy Spirit is a real person? We call ourselves Christian and daily communicate to God through Christ and we know what happened on the cross, about the resurrection and Jesus leaving us to go back with His father to prepare for our coming to heaven one day. How much do we daily depend on the Person Jesus left us with to help us each day? How much do you think about this person daily? Do you think of the Holy Spirit as some kind of intangible force?

Jesus told His disciples they would not be ready to do His work until they received power from on high (Luke 24:49). It takes two people, a believer and the Holy Spirit to live the Christian life victoriously. He takes up residence in a person the moment that individual receives Christ's forgiveness for sins. From then on, His job is equipping us as players and coaches doing the game as a model for serving Christ Jesus in the world.

One of my life verses from the apostle Paul is, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Paul was talking about the Holy Spirit's indwelling presence (Phil. 4:13). The Spirit works through us to get done that which is impossible for us to accomplish alone. In fact, the Bible says that He can do "far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think" (Eph. 3:20). If you’ve studied the life of Paul, you can certainly understand why his ministry was as effective as it was. We may not be a Paul, but our ministry through this game can be bigger and impact the lives of our team mates, coaches, friends and many others.

What is God calling you to do in this game and in the game of Life? How can we do “the far more abundant life" beyond all that we could as or think? Within you lies untapped potential, not of your own strength and abilities, but the Holy Spirit's unlimited power being unleashed in you. This is what He wants and designed for you. Will you continue to play alone or will you play with the power of the Holy Spirit. Let’s make those match adjustments right away and be the winner He planned you to be.

Paul Banta
President Global Soccer Ministries International www.globalsoccerministries.org www.globalsoccertrips.com
843.235.3762 USA Office

The Weather Is Here. Wish You Were Beautiful.