I thought Mapp had some good moments, but also made some crucial errors in judgment.

I'm not sure any of them deserved Player of the Match, but I liked what I saw from Simek - especially since - I've never seen the guy before, ever.

Edit:

I have a moment to elaborate here - so I shall.

I'm going back on my Player of the Match statement. Go ahead and give it to Conrad. Aside from a handful of opportunities he did a solid job of marking Guat's go-to.

The defense as a whole showed promise - in the defensive third. Simek was the only defender to show any real interest in the other side of the field.

I would also say that there was a complete lack of variation in the team. How many times can you lob a 30-40 yard ball to Dempsey in the box? Again though, I have to say Simek showed some promise here. He did serve up a few, but he also took the ball wide and created some opportunities there.

Lastly, I really wanted to see Kenny Cooper do something. I'm really big on this guy. However, if you're that big up top..there is no excuse for disappearing (which aside from his "attempt" in the box..he was a ghost)

That's about it. Good learning experience for the young ones?

Last edited by L-E Dude; 03/29/07 11:13 AM.