ok here's the deal, given: Arena did a lot for the development of soccer in the US. However, did he not have the largest talent pool ever for a US coach? Sure he has brought unprecedented success to US soccer, but to say he is a great coach is way overrating a coach gifted with great talent. He overachieved in 2002 and underachieved in 2006. He seemed to be lackluster and did not send out a team designed to win matches. Although it should be said that injuries to Hejduk and Gibbs were major blows before the tournament. Whiskey and Easy, Rozier, you two seem to think the man is a great coach. I personally disagree and call it as you see it but that is my own opinion. But back to Gulati: the man is extremely indecisive. I know he is trying to be diplomatic and politically correct, but that is not what we need. We need a strong face for US soccer and he does not give us that. His inability to bring in Klinsmann is a huge blow to the future of US soccer. Bob Bradley is a good coach and now should have the job. He is a smart coach and is using all of his resources. Gulati's inability to make a strong decision may have halted progress of the US for the next 10 years. The ripple effect may already be taking place.