It seems this team did not get much respect out there this year. There are a number of teams throughout this state that I believe have another opinion of them. Let's start with losses to Lexington, 1-0 late score, Dorman, 1-0 in PKs, Riverside 1-0 in PKS, Wando 1-0 in OT, and the list could grow by mentioning hard fought WINS. This team was strong, played hard and competed through injury, sickness and NO RESPECT. I truly believe they have earned everyone's respect!

Most people in this state also have no idea what the seniors of this talented Dutch Fork team have been through either. Three (3) coaches in their 4 years of Varsity play. (Thanks coach Painter for coming in and stablizing the situation!) The defection of 2 talented players to a rival school (for no other reason than to play soccer for a traditional power in my opinion)The loss of Post season play in 2006 after winning the Region because of Coaching indiscretions.

The Seniors at Dutch Fork can leave with their heads held high. They leave the program in a very good place with a talented group of girls ready to continue on. To end with a final 4 appearance that was well played and went right down to the wire against a very physical, tough Wando team is nothing to be ashamed of!

Good LUCK to Wando and Lexington in the Finals!