I will admit my 17 year bias for BCHS up front. But, in regards to B-C getting 'home cooking' at The Cage, someone better know some facts. B-C will play their hearts out at The Cage and if you've been there regularly, you will notice that home cooking is not the case. Dispute me with facts if you'd like. I also don't necessarily think it is a case of home cooking at the beach. I wasn't there and it may have been a bad call and it may have been a correct call ... I will reserve judgement until looking at the tape. Socastee isn't 20-2 for nothing. I'm not surprised at the score because JC Gypin is a heck of a keeper. But JC doesn't go out and foul in the box, so I just can't see it. A PK like this on foreign pitch belonging to a very good squad can completely change the momentum of the match.

But if you are going to tell me that B-C gets a bunch of calls, then I'm going to voice my opinion. In the EPL, you might see Man U get the call at Old Trafford, but in the SCHSL you won't see B-C getting every call at home. Someone better have some good facts to dispute this. High School referee's most likely do the best they can, but don't give me that line. Congrats to Socastee and best wishes for further success in the playoffs. And congrats to B-C juniors who, due to the talent over the past 4 years, haven't had the opportunities to endure the rough schedule and haven't had the varsity experience to progress further in the playoffs this season. This team has grown a great deal since the Carolina Soccer Classic this spring, and could work hard and continue to progress over the next 9 months and be a tough draw for opponents if they put enough into it.