links5,
you may think it was stupid to bench Cates for such an infraction, but I think it shows an incredible amount of ethics for Quinlan to sit him. If there was a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior, then the coach did the right thing. Sometimes it is better to teach a lesson than win a game based on faulty ethics. More high schoolers and other kids need to learn that they can't say anything they want, whenever they want to. Too many kids today just spout off without any thought of what could/may happen. I gave a card for dissent for an 18 year old spouting off to my AR in a Midwest Regional League game. For those that don't know, that would be state cup winners playing each other in the midwest. He continued to run his mouth until I threatened to toss him. It was only then that he decided that I was serious, and would not tolerate that type of behavior. More people need to lay down the law, and do the right thing. Good job coach Quinlin!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....