I saw the game last night and though I'm happy for SV to finally get a ring, I couldn't help but think how cruel the sport of soccer can be. NW controlled the game and to come up on the short end, go figure!

Enzo is everything people have said he was. Unbelievable talent! I didn't see much of Kropp, but felt that Benson was very active. Also impressed me to see him standing with his younger brother while SV received their medals. I thought that the Clark kid did outstanding. Defense for NW was pitiful!

SV looked like grown men out there. Some big boys! The freshman Parris, whew! How big will that kid be in three years? Hartvigsen (sp?) and Czulinski (sp?) were impressive. I kept thinking that Jenkins would have a rebound go in because he rarely caught the ball cleanly, but he kept it out when it mattered most and was under pressure all night. Penland made a great long pass to setup the first score.

Some great physical soccer and yet a lot of flair, too! Fun game to watch. No losers last night for sure. Congrats to both teams.

PS - I liked the Monday night atmosphere. Wish the HSL could stagger the state championships out beginning on Wednesday for the A schools, Thursday, for AA, and so forth. Any chances of this ever happening? The reason I ask is because it's tough to stay out all afternoon and evening on Friday for the girls games and also doing the same for the boys on Saturday. Plus, it would allow everyone to play at the more customary evening/night times (6/8 pm).

50th for a reason!