Beautiful goal... in spanish "GOLAZO"... My U10s missed one like Beasley's

Would you believe tha the Mexican papers clearly state that US was helped in the game by the refereeing who called a "minor" infraction in the box?

I do not know about you but it was clearly a PK as much as Canada's 2nd goal was not offside.

for a little credit, however, the papers are now saying that US is the number 1 team in the region period. In many blogs there is shame in the fact that Mexico is "happy" because at least they scored for the first rime in 800 minutes. Hugo is most definetely in hot water and the Brazil game will not help either.

As far as the US... a somewhat inexperienced squad beat (on paper) a very strong mexican team.

Castillo and Guardado are nightmare players and Bocanegra had the best game I ever saw him play. As bad as it sounds, the best play Spector made was to collide heads with Guardado. He was definetely out of it after that.

I like the fact that Bradley is going to copa america with young talent (I assume by choice). Ther are many complaints from the mexican squad about resting a from long seasons. He will have his first losses as coach and will give valuable experience to many players for future use. Long term thinking is what US soccer has to be about.