Quote:

He's played at a high standard for an American player of his day, knows the game and at least talks like an American.

The jargon and lingo used by Max Bretos, Christian Miles and Chris"topher" Sullivan on FSC is repulsive. Meters, football and pitch, to name only a few, are yards, soccer and field. Disgusting!

Let's take another step forward as a soccer country some time and create our own identity instead of that of the English or some other second tier, soccer-playing country.

Totally agree here. It's bad enough that most of the people that work in soccer media 1) are almost completely ignorant to the game 2) are complete stiffs.

I have to say that I probably wouldn't like Wynalda personally, but he has the type of personality that you can't help but admire a little. No matter how foolish or full of himself, his confidence, passion, and animation are inspiring.

Case in point: His comments about Jim Rome.

I really loathe Jim Rome. Though I don't condone Wynalda's attitude towards alcohol - who here isn't going to like a guy that tried to put one of those carbon-copy ESPN guys in their place?

The stigma associated with soccer in America is frustrating at best and even if Wynalda is overly critical of players - I really believe he wants the best for the game as a whole here in the States.