Congrats to CESA/Adidas for putting on such a great event today for SC players and some Georgia and NC players. Thanks also to each of the 50 plus collegiate coaches who attended.

Now that the Combine is over, we can ask the following question:
Are there measurable benefits to the players who attended the Combine?

I'll post my list and I'd like to see others post their thoughts on the Combine in this thread as well.

1) The cost was a mere $35, which included a very cool "ClimaCool" long-sleeved CESA/Adidas Combine '08 shirt, plus lunch. A great value.

2) Presentations by coaches Bert Molinary of USC and Trevor Adair of Clemson and a third coach I apologize for not catching the name of between matches on what is expected of a collegiate player.

3) 11v11 matches allowed each player to showcase his/her skills without any pressure from the supervising CESA coaches.

4) Scheduling the Combine the weekend prior to the start of the HS season allowed the club player to perform at his/her peak as the player has just completed the club league season.

5) Scheduling the Combine the weekend prior to the start of the HS season gives collegiate coaches an early introduction to players they can follow during the HS season.

In my view, this was a huge success for SC Soccer and a tremendous start to what I personally hope will become an annual event.

Great job by all . . . particularly the players.

Good luck to each of these young men and women as they reach for the next level.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.