Quote:

As for whether you have enough kids in the low country to pull this off, I would say "yes", but I have heard parents complain on these boards that the drive from Mt. Pleasant to Summerville (and vice-versa) at 5:30 PM isn't pretty.

I can't say I believe the long term overall interests of youth soccer in South Carolina have been served well by the mergers resulting in CESA and CUFC.

However, if a model could be developed in the Lowcountry that would draw the elite players of that area to a single team, the drive from Mt. Pleasant to Summerville at 5:30pm can't be nearly as ugly as the drive players are currently making from Mt. Pleasant to Greenville or Columbia for a 6:00pm practice.

I have always hoped that Bridge would evolve to represent that opportunity for the elite players of the Lowcountry. By leaving the other clubs of the area intact, the burden is on Bridge to develop the training and access to higher levels of competition that will attract the elite players. At the same time, the opportunities for players not able to win positions or families not able to afford supporting postions on an elite team still exist for those players to come home after tryouts, smile ear to ear and say "Mom, Dad, I made the "A" team".