Quote:

Quote:

As for whether you have enough kids in the low country to pull this off, I would say "yes", but I have heard parents complain on these boards that the drive from Mt. Pleasant to Summerville (and vice-versa) at 5:30 PM isn't pretty.

However, if a model could be developed in the Lowcountry that would draw the elite players of that area to a single team, the drive from Mt. Pleasant to Summerville at 5:30pm can't be nearly as ugly as the drive players are currently making from Mt. Pleasant to Greenville or Columbia for a 6:00pm practice.

Having been a supportive parent of a commuting player for 2 seasons now, I can honestly say, in general the drive to Greenville is better for us than any commute required in the Charleston area. There is so much more to it than just the miles driven. The choice that our family made, obviously is not for everyone, but it is a great thing that the choice exists. For us, it simply isn't enough to gather the elite players to a single team, there is so much more that can go along with that, and does in some areas.