Quote:

B-Rabbit,

Don't know him, who is he? And why would I talk to him? Assuming he's the power that be.....my guess is he's heard my argument before. And doesn't care.

Could be a bad assumption and if it is....silly me. But I'd like to think that in our cookie cutter, one size fits all approach to life....someone would have the smarts to realize that in sports where Club teams co-exist/compliment school teams....such as soccer, volleyball, basketball.....the rules need to be adjusted. Not thrown away. But tweaked to be relevant.

Don't know anything about Gilbert. But prosecution of the Discoveries-NW things seems warped. Yeah, the rules are the rules. But the sentencing should be in the spirit of the crime and the rule subsequently reviewed and revised. If what happened at Gilbert was commensurate to Northwestern...its a darned shame if those kids lost their chance to win a State championship.

I love the Walter Matthau line in the old movie about the Supreme Court (First Monday in October?).....something about laws should fit us like a good suit of clothes. Not too tight, not too loose.

My thoughts exactly. The rules need to be adjusted for club teams to coexist with high school teams. DSC is a top notch team and plays in high quality tournaments that may be in the off season. Why should they be punished for being good? They work hard to get where they are and want to play against the best competition, which in some cases conflicts with high school since states like NC play their club in the spring.

I believe the rule should either changed or tweaked in some way.