I think that you guys are all way off base on this thing. As much as I love soccer and as hard as I work to build up a program here at Eau Claire, I realize a lot of you guys are disconnected from reality, maybe because of my experience of trying to build it but if the League got rid of its season/ practice rules most HS sports in this state would die off including soccer. Since I am an assistant football coach as well I get alot of my kids from the football team, if there were no defined seasons the football coach would tell his kids to practice football in the spring and Soccer here would die. And I know most of you guys don't care about what happens here so no big loss in your mind, but most schools have multiuse out door facilities meaning they play on the football practice field. Now you can claim Dutch Fork, as some one on here has, is a soccer school, but I guarentee you that AD cares more about football than soccer because the parents overall at that school care about football than soccer, so do you think the football coach would lose out on practice time in the spring by letting the soccer team on his practice field to do soccer stuff? I'll bet you dollars to donuts he wouldn't because that means he is behind his competition in terms of preparedness, so unless things change drastically in our society in terms of our preferences the football coach will win that argument and there goes soccer at DF, a "soccer school". Now you could argue that maybe losing other HS sports is fine because kids could play in clubs or whatever instead, but that is counterproductive because you are limiting access to the game, killing it off rather than increasing access to the game. None of my kids here can afford club sports nor would they be inclind to go seek it out if it wasn't offered to them so you would be reducing the segement of the population that develops a love for the game. the issue isn't the rule its the unfair enforcement of the rule. If the league applied its rules fairly or evenly than that's fine. If the issue is kids playing for a club with a coach then playing for a HS team with the same coach and therefore getting "extra" practice the league has 2 remedies that it can do. 1) Ban a coach from coaching both or 2) ban a kid from playing ANY hs sport of he plays in a club in ANY sport that will take care of the "extra" practice issue.