Quote:

W&E reports on the Gilbert Girls thread that their appeal is to be heard this week. The committee has not heard their case yet. Let's see how this plays out and hope that Gilbert gets the same treatment that Northwestern got.

My issue is the inequity in which the league hands out punishement. Blythewood practices in full pads in the spring, no postseason-how is that different than a soccer team that practices out of season? L-E's coach has a alumni game but didn't know he had to report it the league no postseason. Northwestern, practices out of season- hey no biggie. It seems that the league just doles out punishments on a whim and there is no "official" rule/punishment disclosure. 1st thing you learn as a teacher is you need to clearly state to all your students are here are my classroom rules, here are the punishements for violating the rules, if there are any special exceptions, these are them, that way all students know what to expect and there is no way any studnet can claim they didn't know, nor more importantly can they claim bias because there is absolute transparency of rules and consequences. I would think that the leaugue would be wise to have a similar policy that would eliminate all of the questions of what's fair or if someone is getting special treatment