Quote:

Quote:

Why not change the rule to state that you cannot coach ANY of your players in the off season. You would still ba able to coach club, you would just have to coach the other gender. That way, none of this type of thing would ever happen.

Again, why didn't they just practice on one of Manchester's grass fields??? Would have avoided this all.

I have no issue if they change the rules that way. I also think it just illustrates the ridiculousness of the whole thing that if they play down the street its OK if the play right here then its a problem. I think its obvious that the league needs to contemplate this more and come out with something more comprehensive than what they have.

You're trying to limit a coach, who makes about 6 cents an hour during HS season (assuming they do a decent job), from coaching teams of his/her choosing during the fall where he/she can actually make a decent amount of money to add to his/her income. If coaching 2 teams in the fall we're talking about adding potentially in upwards of 1500 dollars per month to a coaches income. That's with 2x a week for practice and weekend games. That's a substantial sum. Now, you're going to tell me that because I coach a HS team for a measily 3-1.5 grand from Jan-May that I can't coach a team of my choosing in the fall? Um, no. I'm sorry if Eau Claire feels threatend because some coaches at the HS level try to supplement their meager incomes with some Fall Club ball and opt not to train 8 year olds in the Amoeba formation and, most of us really can't help the fact that your players can't afford club ball as you've stated time and time again. There is, however, a substantial amount of scholarships available to players at various clubs around the midlands. CRSA, for example, gives out numerous, numerous scholarships each year.

Also, if you were to have an across the line, start date of Jan whatever wouldn't that hinder places like Eau Claire where soccer athletes are not in ready supply? Seems to me like Eau Claire could benefit greatly in the offseason conditioning season from late Nov-Jan by working on agilities/fitness first before you get the ball rolling. Those that have soccer players will be ready to go anyways and will just need to catch up on the fitness aspect, which, with soccer specific athletes, doesn't take all that long.

I know that SC soccer isn't fair to Eau Claire HS and I can only imagine the great undertaking that starting a program there might entail but, to be honest no sport is "fair" there's the have's and the have-nots. Phil Savitz is an EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT coach but,do you think he wins all those titles at some place like Pelion (no disrespect)? That's the way HS soccer is. You play with what you have and, preparation through club and all those other outlets makes it more exciting. You and your players are able to grow and come back to the Spring season with more and more skill in both the player and coach.

Last edited by TugJobber; 02/04/08 09:55 PM.

Puttin A's on B's